of the safety award programs offer member general and specialty
contractor firms the opportunity to nominate field superintendents and
foremen for individuals awards. The other two programs recognize the
collective safety efforts of an entire contracting firm.
Ron Amerson Supervisors' Safety Award Certificate Program
longstanding Ron Amerson Supervisors' Safety Awards program recognizes
general contractor and specialty contractor member field
supervisors for outstanding contributions to safety on their job sites.
The measurement criterion is based on safety incidence rates for
individual supervisors in conjunction with actual man-hours directly
supervised by each employee. The call for nominations for supervisory excellence in calendar year 2018 opened in early January 2019.
Safety Leadership Award
Building on the success of the supervisor safety certificate
program listed above, AGC Georgia is proud to offer the Safety Leadership Award. This award will be presented annually to one field supervisor employed by an AGC Georgia general or specialty contractor firm, who manages a project site with no lost-time accidents or recordables, and demonstrates commitment to:
- providing a safe work environment
- building a safety culture
- uncompromising leadership
- caring for and respecting fellow workers
- This program opens for nomination each January.
AGC of America's NASA Program (also the nomination vehicle for AGC Georgia Company awards)
National AGC Safety Awards (NASA)
program offers members of all AGC Chapters an
opportunity to evaluate their safety record with other firms performing
similar work from across the country. Participating contractors
receive a confidential printout to compare their company’s safety
statistics with similar size and type AGC contractor members. Firms with
the highest rankings earn national recognition by AGC of America. AGC Georgia also uses the statistics provided through this entry form to award local members for their corporate safety accomplishments.
AGC of America's Construction Safety and Excellence Awards (CSEA)
- The purpose of CSEA is to recognize construction companies with exceptional safety performance. CSEA closely examines each firm's commitment to safety and occupational health management and risk control. Unlike the National AGC Safety Awards (NASA) program that limits the criteria to frequency rates, the CSEA selection process is considerably more comprehensive. Judges look for evidence of company management commitment, active employee participation, safety training, work site hazard identification and control, and safety program innovation.