To view a list of all AGC Georgia events/programs, including professional development courses, please click here.
As an AGC Georgia member, you have many courses to choose from that are delivered in a classroom setting. These courses can help company leaders and your workforce build industry knowledge on some of the basics like Estimating 101 or Blueprint Reading. Equally important, classes are offered to help you stay abreast of new construction methodologies, new technologies and construction apps, new project delivery systems, and best practices in sustainable instruction.
Soft skill classes are also available to help you improve your capabilities in communication, relationship-building, leadership, teamwork, time management, talent development, and social media use.
Be sure to open AGC Georgia's weekly newsletter arriving in your inbox every Wednesday to find out more about upcoming classes and new courses being offered - click on the flyer for a course description, instructor info, date and time classes are offered, and course fees. Remember to log in for member discounted pricing and register online to help you save dollars.
Highlights of a few of our many professional course offerings:
- 7 part Lean Construction Education Program developed by AGC of America for construction professionals at all levels to help you learn the building blocks necessary to transform your projects and company into a Lean operating system. Lean Construction is based on the holistic pursuit of continuous improvements aimed at minimizing costs and maximizing value on a construction project: planning, design, construction, activation, operations, maintenance, salvaging, and recycling.
- Company employees can participate in a variety of management-level programs which focus on industry best practices, including Georgia's Level 1A NPDES initial course with exam and recertification course.
- The Building Information Modeling (BIM) credentialing courses provide members with an avenue to distinguish themselves as a leading professional in this technology to enhance their construction capabilities. BIM courses are endorsed by AGC of America satisfy requirements for AIA and GBCI credentialing.
- Timely federal and local government seminars help members stay on top of frequent regulatory changes.
- Courses meeting Georgia Residential-Basic and Residential Light Commercial Licensing CEU, Florida Licensing CEU, AIA, GBCI, and Georgia's Utility and Foreman requirements are offered.
- Corps of Engineers Construction Quality Management Certification
- Managing Your Company's Largest Expense: Employee Benefits
- Mobile Device Deployment and Management
- Basic Blueprint Reading
- Competent Person Training in Scaffold Safety, Fall Protection, Steel Erection, and Trenching & Excavation
- OSHA Subpart CC-Crane Standard
- OSHA 10 and 30-Hour for Construction
- CPR, First Aid, and Bloodborne Pathogens
- Georgia Lien Law
- OSHA's Crystalline Silica Competent Person Training for Construction
- [Field] Supervisory Training. The Associated General Contractors of America’s Supervisory Training Program (STP) is a construction-specific training curriculum developed, updated and field-tested by and for contractors. Supervisory skill—or the lack of it—directly affects every company’s bottom line. You make your money in the field, and STP can help you improve your organization’s bottom line.
- AGC Georgia Academy