Who We Are
AGC Georgia is the statewide trade association of choice for commercial construction professionals and the industry at large. Our primary role is simply to help make a stronger construction industry by providing members access to the resources and tools they need to improve their businesses. Our collective voice and clout allow us to advocate for policies and programs that protect the best interest of the construction industry.
AGC Georgia member firms perform a majority of the commercial construction work in Georgia and include more than 600 of the top general contractors, residential/light commercial builders, construction managers, design-builders, municipal-utility contractors, heavy and highway contractors, specialty contractors, service providers, and suppliers.
We are one of 89 chapters of Associated General Contractors of America that represents 26,000+ firms nationwide. AGC Georgia members are automatically enrolled as members of the national association.
AGC of America hosted their annual National & Chapter Leadership Conference in Washington, DC in September 2023. AGC Georgia's senior leadership team accepted the national association's Large Chapter of the Year Award during a gala dinner at the Smithsonian Institute's National Portrait Gallery. This is the most coveted award within the AGC organization and our team is honored to be the recipient three times -- 2007, 2014 and now this year! This is a HUGE team win representing a rewarding partnership between our amazing members throughout Georgia and our passionate, professional staff. Pictured are Les Snyder, AGC of America's 2023-24 Board President; Mike Dunham, AGC Georgia CEO; Alyson Abercrombie, Senior Director of Communications and Marketing; Brian Newsome, AGC Georgia's 2023-24 Board President; Joe Tuggle, AGC Georgia's 2023-24 Board Vice President; Machell Harper, Senior Director of Member Services; and Mark Woodall, Senior Director of Governmental Affairs.
Associated General Contractors of Georgia, Inc.
. . . building the best and most innovative contractor association in Georgia.
Guided by our core principles of Skill, Integrity and Responsibility, our mission is to be the voice of Georgia's construction industry, provide valuable member services and promote best construction industry practices.
11 full-time staff members; 2 part-time staff members
Board of Directors comprised of four officers and 31 industry leaders serving as directors
New officers and directors are installed at AGC Georgia's Annual Convention each June.
- General contractors
- Specialty contractors
- Residential/light commercial builders
- Construction managers
- Design builders
- Municipal-utility contractors
- Heavy and highway contractors
- Industry service providers
- Industry suppliers/vendor
- Advocacy & Representation
- Governmental Affairs/Agency Relationships
- Industry Representation
- Education & Training
- Professional/Leadership Development
- Young Leadership Program
- Workers' Compensation Program
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Executive Alliance
- Networking & Relationship Building
- Workforce Development
- Career Development
- Marketing Opportunities
- Industry & Association News
- Referral & Information
- Economic Resources
- Contract Documents
- Award & Recognition Programs
- Member Savings/Discounts
- Community Service & Giving Back
- Conference & Training Facilities
- Development of Industry Best Practices
Noteworthy Milestones and Accomplishments
- Winner of AGC of America's 2022 Large Chapter of the Year Award
- Winner of a 2018 AGC of America Workforce Development award recognizing extraordinary, exemplary, and innovative training, education, and public awareness programs which either encourage individuals to pursue a career in the construction industry and/or enhance an individual’s construction skills.
- Winner of the 2018 AGC of America Cashman Award for the most effective membership growth and retention campaign among all 88 chapters
- Winner of a 2018 AGC in the Community Award for the Bo Baker Handicap Retrofit Home Project
- Winner of a 2016 AGC in the Community Award for the Georgia Center for Child Advocacy Renovation Project
- Winner of the AGC of America Public Relations Award in 2016 for our One School, One Instructor, One Student & YOU! workforce development campaign
- Winner of a 2015 AGC in the Community Award for the Emily Bowman Family Retrofit and Therapy Room Addition Project
- Winner AGC of America's 2014 Large Chapter of the Year Award
- Celebrated 85th anniversary in 2013
- Name Change to AGC Georgia May 2012
- Winner of a 2012 AGC in the Community Award for retrofitting the home of a deployed soldier whose wife is wheelchair bound
- Winner of a 2010 AGC in the Community Award for retrofitting a Navy Seal's home after an amputation and brain and spinal injuries
- Winner AGC of America's 2007 Large Chapter of the Year Award
- Association founded in 1928