About the Course
OSHA requires a contractor to have a competent person on-site to qualify for Focused Inspection. This safety course is designed to help contractors develop safety and health competent persons for their job sites.
The competent person will learn to recognize potential hazards in construction before an incident occurs. Individuals will also be able to identify and implement abatement techniques for hazards found on job sites.
The following topics are covered during the in-class training:
- Fall protection
- Excavation and trenching safety
- Electrical safety
- Hand and power tool safety
- Personal protective equipment
- Heavy equipment safety
- Fire prevention and protection
- Hazard communication
- OSHA’s Focused Inspection Initiative