Class time: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
NPDES Recertification for All Levels is approved by the Georgia Soil and Water Conservation Commission (GSWCC) to renew Level 1A Fundamentals, Level 1B or Level II certifications. Anyone holding an active or expired certification is eligible. No test is given for this course.
After GSWCC receives your “Lawful Presence” forms (completed & notarized in class), your certification will be renewed for 3 years from your original expiration date.
In an interactive classroom environment participants learn U.S. EPA and Georgia EPD requirements, NPDES General Permit changes, and state waters requirements. Resources and methods to comply with the local land disturbance permit are also provided. The NPDES Training course offers individuals time to ask questions and discuss challenges.
Additional course content includes:
- Importance of understanding erosion and sedimentation control laws
- Responsibilities involved with developing/buying foreclosed property
- Maintaining compliance, inspection & enforcement
- What does NPDES certification mean?
- Changes to Erosion Sedimentation and Pollution Control (ES&PC) Plan
- When do you become the responsible party?
- You mean there are 2 Permits?!
- What is a Secondary or Tertiary Permittee?